Friday 11 April 2008

Palindromes


I was told of a great song by "Weird Al" Pankovic the other day called Bob. It's entirely made up of palindromes (phrases that read the same backwards) that are organized into rhyming verses, such as:

Oh, no! Don Ho!
Nurse, I spy gypsies -- run!
Senile felines
Now I see bees I won
UFO tofu
We panic in a pew
Oozy rat in a sanitary zoo
God! A red nugget! A fat egg under a dog!
Go hang a salami, I'm a lasagna hog


If you read each line backwards, it is still the same! But don't try to start at the bottom and work up - it won't work as a song anymore! "Bob" is a song on Weird Al's album "Poodle Hat", if you want to purchase it.
 Like one of his other songs says, however, "Don't Download This Song"!

1 comment:

Little (and not so) old me. said...

Poor Poodle.
Do you ever update your blog anymore? Pprrrffft!